wxProgressDialog wonky under Win32

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 11 17:15:38 EST 2002

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:15:34 GMT
Grant Edwards wrote:

> According to one of the wx mailing list archives, this is a
> known bug in the MSW port of wxWindows (the "size" value of a
> gauge is treated as a 16-bit number).  It's been fixed, but
> it's still available only from CVS.

The usual trick I use to get around this is to use a gauge with a max of
100 and then update it with the percentage done (n/max) rather than the
number of items done (n).  This can also help performance as you can avoid
updating the gauge as often if you have a large number of items to process.

Regards,

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)