Where to download bugfix for email Module?

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Sun Mar 17 16:55:26 EST 2002

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 09:36:10AM -0800, Sheila King wrote:
> (1) stability. Can I expect this latest code to be stable? Somehow I would
> think that would be questionable with late releases?

   No, you have to learn development history (CVS is *developer's* tool!)
and checkout latest stable release.
   I heard that Brry is going to release an archive of a stable version...
don't know *when*. I suspect the usual time - Real Soon :)

> (2) distribution. If I want to distribute code that I'm developing, and I
> use the latest CVS releases to develop my code, such that my code relies on
> these CVS releases, how do I distribute code to others who are running the
> standard 2.2 install?

   The simplest (though not the best) solution would be to distribute a
copy of the email package with your code. You know, Python inserts the path
to your application in the beginning of sys.path, so upon "import email"
your copy of the package will be imported, and not standard package.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru