Has Mark Hammond attained pariah status yet?

Daniel Dittmar daniel.dittmar at sap.com
Tue Mar 12 07:59:41 EST 2002

> all the evidence suggests that python.net (or whatever it will be
> called) will not be python as we know it. Apparently .net will not
> support multiple inheritance etc etc. There was an interesting recent

I don't see how the limitations of .NET (or rather the CLI part of it)
differ from those of the Java VM. So it might not be Python as we know it,
but it might be useful in certain applications.

And of course it might also be useful to port CPython to the .NET C compiler
and adding a .NET <-> Python layer.

> Another
> example of embrace and strangle.

.NET is more another failed example of UNCOL

Daniel