Twain Scanners and some other questions

dix dix at none.com
Sun Mar 3 06:38:36 EST 2002

Hi to all,

I am going to develop a client server application in Python.
It will be a Document Management software (Windows environment).
I choosed Python as language, wxPython for GUIs building and MySQL for data
storing.
Since I need this app deals with both binary documents (Word files, Excel
files, etc.) and with paper based documents, I need to know if there is a
free library for Python to manage Twain scanners in order to pilot the
scanner and have an image representation of the paper document.
I would like also your advice to find a solution to convert these images in
Acrobat PDF format: for the moment I just tought at the possibility to
automate the COM interface of Acrobat Distiller from Python. Any other idea?

Thank you very very much in advance for your kind help!

dix