more functional programming

Giorgi Lekishvili gleki at gol.ge
Mon Mar 4 16:59:21 EST 2002

Hi all!

Please, accept my appologies for this naive question.

I have taken a careful look on the operator module docs. The module
enables one to make procedures as lists. That's too good.

However, is there already something like scheme's "define" abstractor?
This'd be used as the first element of such list, yielding the result of
the procedure...

Is this, or anything similar, already present in Python? If not, does
someone of the Python gurus plan to do so?

Thank you very much for your time.

Greetings,
Giorgi

PS. Is a genetic programming library written in/for Python available?