Is Python an object based programming langauge?

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Tue Mar 12 17:47:23 EST 2002

Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> graced us by uttering:
> In article <slrna8sfpd.7vj.tim at vegeta.ath.cx>,
> > What does he think of Ruby?
>
> He thinks it's pretty cool.  To the best of my knowledge, he's never
> written a single line of code in either Ruby or Python, but he's sure
> Ruby is a much better language.  Funny how that works :-)

Tell him to try them!  He may very well come to the same conclusion, but
at least he'll have experience to back it up!

I don't think that any language is "better" than another (with the
obvious exception of VB), and there are certain projects that Python
excels at, and others that Ruby excels at.

The real determining factor, though, is the programmer's preference. I
only hope it's a preference based on experience and not solely on
opinions.

Cheers,
Tim Hammerquist
--
It's illegal in Wilbur, Washington, to ride an ugly horse.