MySQLdb

Michael Hall olc at openlearningcommunity.org
Sat Mar 23 13:02:16 EST 2002

G'day All:

I've been writing PHP/MySQL for a couple of years now and am now
cross-skilling into Perl and Python. I'm interested in web database
integration for Python CGI scripts.

Is this the right list for general questions about using the MySQLdb
module?

If so:

I have installed the MySQLdb module but find the docs pretty sparse. Can
anyone suggest a good tutorial that demonstrates the basic moves in
extracting and printing data using MySQLdb? I guess I'm looking for a
`translations' of PHP routines like:

$query = mysql_query("$sql");
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($query))
{
	$data0 = $row[0];
	$data1 = $row[1];
}

Also, a newbie-friendly discussion of MySQL modules (history/variety)
and things like MySQLdb versus _mysql would be helpful.

If not:

Where do I go?

Thanks
Mick