wxProgressDialog wonky under Win32

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Mar 11 12:55:24 EST 2002

Under Win32, the bargraph in a wxProgressDialog hits "full"
about 10-20% of the way to the "max" value.  The attached
program illustrates this.  The "cacnel" button changes to
"close" at the correct point, it's just the bargraph that
doesn't work right.

It works fine under:
   RH7.2, Python 2.1.1, GTK 1.2.10, wxPython 2.3.2
Barphraph shows wonky behavior under:
   Win2K, Python 2.2, wxPython 2.3.2

Does anybody know how to get the bargraph to work right under
windows?

------------------------------8<------------------------------
import time
from wxPython.wx import *

class MyButton(wxButton):
    def __init__(self, parent, ident, *argt, **argd):
        c = None
        if argd.has_key("command"):
            c = argd["command"]
            del argd["command"]
        wxButton.__init__(self, parent, ident, *argt, **argd)
        if c:
            EVT_BUTTON(self,self.GetId(),c)

class MyFrame(wxFrame):
    def __init__(self, *argt, **argd):
        wxFrame.__init__(self, *argt, **argd)
        sv = wxBoxSizer(wxVERTICAL)
        sv.Add(MyButton(self,-1,"Go",command=self.progress))
        self.SetSizer(sv)
        self.SetAutoLayout(1)
        sv.Fit(self)
        self.Show(1)

    def progress(self,event):
        size = 500000
        dlg = wxProgressDialog("Downloading",
                               "Downloading...",
                               size,
                               self,
                               wxPD_CAN_ABORT | wxPD_APP_MODAL)
        bytes = 0
        while bytes < size:
            time.sleep(0.1)
            bytes += 10000
            print bytes
            if not dlg.Update(bytes):
                break

class MyApp(wxApp):
    def OnInit(self):
        frame = MyFrame(NULL, -1, "Download")
        frame.Show(true)
        self.SetTopWindow(frame)
        return true

MyApp(0).MainLoop()

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  LOOK!!! I'm WALKING
                                  at               in my SLEEP again!!