inheriting from curses window-objects

Gerhard Häring gerhard at bigfoot.de
Tue Mar 19 14:58:23 EST 2002

Marco Herrn wrote in comp.lang.python:
> Hi,
>
> i would like to create window-objects that are derived from the standard
> curses windows (like window or pad). But I don't see any way to achieve
> this.
> Is this possible?

No. But there's help:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/52295

Btw. I had the exact same problem a few weeks ago:

http://groups.google.de/groups?selm=mailman.1014046530.13105.python-list%40python.org

> Or would I have to write a "new curses library" to get real objects
> for window, one can inherit from?

Fortunately, that's not needed. If you want to write a patch to make
curses objects subclassable and submit it at Sourceforge, I'm sure it
will be appreciated. By me, at least :-).

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930