data persistent from run

Gerhard Häring gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Wed Mar 13 19:15:18 EST 2002

Le 13/03/02 à 15:22, Bob Roberts écrivit:
> What is the best way to keep data like window size and position for
> the next time I run the program?  I know in win2k, stuff like that is
> usually stored in the registry.  Are there any python commands to
> store such information in a platform-independent manner?

I'd just store the settings in the user's home directory. This leads us
to the next problem: where's the home directory, which has come up
several times on this mailing list, with no 100 % satisfactory solution
for the various Windows flavours, IIRC.

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 8.6 °C      Wind: 2.3 m/s