[ANN] istring 1.0.1 released; announce list created

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 05:05:03 EST 2002

Steven D. Arnold wrote:

> Neosynapse has released istring 1.0.1, a module for interpolating
> strings in Python.  String interpolation means you can put variables
> directly in strings, like this:

> "Value is 100"
>
> The new release fixes several small bugs.  In addition, we have
> created an istring-announce list, which will receive information
> regarding minor version updates and bug fixes.  To subscribe, go to:

> The istring download page is at:
>
>     http://www.neosynapse.net/interpolated_string.htm

Very nice, and thanks for the contribution. I've long been a fan of  this
idea. But could you please clarify if your module is in anyway different to
the 'old' interpolation module that's been the reference implementation to
PEP 215? You can find it at http://web.lfw.org/python/ towards the middle of
the page. Also see pep215 at http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/pep-0215.html

BTW, this isn't meant to deride your work in any way. It's just that when I
see new code doing similar things to existing modules I like a quick
comparison to decide whether I want to move to the new code or not.

Thanks,

f.