wxPython install problems on linux

hejduk claxtonr at beer.com
Mon Mar 25 00:26:00 EST 2002

Hi, I'm having a problem installing wxPython on linux (Slak 8). I have
all the necesarry prerequisites (wxGTK, python etc). When I run the
setup.py build script half way through i get the following error
messages:

running build_ext
building 'wxc' extension
src/helpers.cpp:26: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
src/helpers.cpp:27: gdk/gdkprivate.h: No such file or directory
In file included from src/helpers.cpp:28:
/usr/local/include/wx/gtk/win_gtk.h:18: gdk/gdk.h: No such file or
directory
/usr/local/include/wx/gtk/win_gtk.h:19: gdk/gdkx.h: No such file or
directory
/usr/local/include/wx/gtk/win_gtk.h:20: gtk/gtkcontainer.h: No such
file or directory
/usr/local/include/wx/gtk/win_gtk.h:21: gtk/gtkadjustment.h: No such
file or directory
/usr/local/include/wx/gtk/win_gtk.h:22: gtk/gtkfeatures.h: No such
file or directory

Not surprisingly when I try to run any of the demo programs I get an
error message about no wxc module. I know this is kind of specific and
obscure but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.