Disabling rexec for ActiveScripting in Local Intranet Zone?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Mar 15 23:18:21 EST 2002

John Roth wrote:
> "Gerson Kurz" <gerson.kurz at t-online.de> wrote in message
> news:a6saj7$isv$1 at nixe.ISAR.net...
>
>>Mark Hammond wrote:
>>

>>>I have no idea :)  I would expect that if
>>>IE has set security approriately, then Python
>>> would not operate under rexec at all - this is
>>>certainly what happens for WScript and ASP.
>>
>>It doesn't. Is there a way to manually
>>disable rexec? (Like, patching lib/rexec.py).
>>

>>>What version of win32all?
>>
>>win32all-146.exe for python2.2
>

> Correct my occasionally faulty memory, but wasn't there
> a bug report on this, and the feature was withdrawn until
> the sandbox (?) could be fixed properly?

Yes - and there is *still* an outstanding bug there :(

I assume (and hope and pray) that, for use in IE, the OP had to manually
execute pyscript_rexec.py.  If this is not the case, then I will sob
uncontrollably :)

To disable rexec, open pyscript.py and locate the following block:
	def RegisterNamedItem(self, item):
		if self.rexec_env is None:
			if self.safetyOptions:
				# Use RExec.
				self.rexec_env = AXRExec(self.globalNameSpaceModule)
			else:
				# DONT use RExec.
				self.rexec_env = AXNotRExec(self.globalNameSpaceModule)