Python song? (Re: Python isn't necessarily slow)

Tim Legant tim-dated-1015966132.70491e at catseye.net
Tue Mar 5 15:48:51 EST 2002

<brueckd at tbye.com> writes:

> On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Greg Ewing wrote:
>
> > Siegfried Gonzi wrote:
> > >
> > > Python isn't necessarily slow:
> >
> > That sounds like a great title for a Python
> > song: "It Ain't Necessarily Slow!"
>
> Hmm... 'necessarily' is a bit cumbersome. The "ain't" makes me think of
> country songs from the U.S., so how about "Just cuz I slither, it don't
> mean I'm slow"?

Oh, are you from across the pond?  It was either Bronski Beat or the
Communards who did an interesting cover of Ain't Necessarily So in the
early '80s - I think both groups were Brits....  It's in more of a
Broadway musical style than country, though.

Anyhow, the chorus of the song, which is the part I was spoofing, goes

It ain't necessarily so.
It ain't necessarily so.
Things that you're liable
To read in the bible