[embed] PyImport_Import cannot find xml.py

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer at conectiva.com
Sun Mar 24 15:50:09 EST 2002

[...]
>     >>> mod
>     <module 'xml' from 'xml.py'>
[...]
> so that says that the module is locatable by the interpreter. but when i
> compile and run the following program:

That's probably because this module is not in the module search path.

Try running the following, after Py_Initialize():

PySys_SetPath(Py_GetPath());

> modname = PyString_FromString("xml");
> mod = PyImport_Import(modname);

You may use PyImport_ImportModule("xml").

> Does anyone have a working example of Pure Embedding? It's for my personal
> private project - for fun, supposedly, well before it was, not my
> assignment.

I've embedded python in a couple of projects. But the best project you
will find is python, since it's "embedded" in itself.

;-))

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]