python/wxPython opengl question

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Fri Mar 22 13:04:59 EST 2002

I'm guessing GLUT's exit function is making a call to the C equivalent
of sys.exit.  Best approach would be to use a wxPython OpenGL context,
instead of the GLUT one.  You can find a demo of creating a wxPython
OpenGL context in the wxPython demo.

HTH,
Mike

alan scales wrote:
> i have a python app (using wxPython).  from it i create a top level
> window (frame) using python opengl. this works:  i have my app
> running, and alongside it the gl graphics window.
>
> however, when i close the opengl window, it closes my wxPython app
> (and the python console) - i.e. everything.
>
> i don't want this behavior.  is there any way to prevent it?
>
> for the gl window i am just making a standard
> glutCreateWindow(title)call.
>
> alan scales
   Mike C. Fletcher
   http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/