Web scripting with Python (1st post here, also :-)

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Wed Mar 6 23:29:37 EST 2002

>>>>> "Julio" == Julio Nobrega <inerte at hotmail.com> writes:

Julio> Hi!  I am used to do web scripting using PHP. As a new
Julio> adventure, I am trying to learn Python. I really wished I could
Julio> write 'desktop' apps with Python, but from what I read (and
Julio> from what I am planning), that's a little far away from my
Julio> current trouser snake knowledge (I also heard you all like
Julio> those kind of quotes ;-)

Julio>   So, I am looking for examples that might help me. Yes, I saw
Julio> Zope.  Waaaaay too much. Also read Web Programming Topic Guide
Julio> on python.org, way less practical than I like. Picky, ain't I?
Julio> :-)

Julio>   I searched for complete (yet simple), or incomplete (yet with
Julio> explanations) apps on cgi-resources, parnassus and hotscripts,
Julio> but I don't have background to decide what's good or bad
Julio> Python. And surely I don't want to start with the wrong foot
Julio> :-)

Have a look at our toolkit.  It comes with around 120 pages of
documentation - the first half of which is a guide to building
applications.

        http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/

Some of the templating and session behaviour was inspired by PHP so
you should feel at least partially at home.

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au