Another stab at a "switch/case" construct (for Python 3000):

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Thu Mar 28 15:24:17 EST 2002

I don't like the overloading of continue.  I'd go for a new keyword,
fallsthrough myself.  I fear that this proposal will lead to people
never bothering to learn about dictionary-based dispatching, which
will be sad.  On the other hand, I have been building parse trees
lately, where some sort of case statement would be useful. Was there
some sort of ruling on PEP 275?  I'm not sure we should be starting
a new switch statement PEP until we have found out why the last one
was rejected.

On the fence,
Laura