Code Review!! (or bash!)

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry at attbi.com
Fri Mar 1 17:33:22 EST 2002

> Before I let it out into the wild, I'd like to know what you
> all people think about this toy. I know, there's xml.dom stuff,
> and xml.sax stuff, but I can't seem to wrap my brain around it,
> so I just started writing this out of curiosity, and now it's
> starting to feel useful. But "useful" is so subjective, isn't it.
>
>:-)
>
> Mind you, it only works for 8-bit chars, so there's a limitation.

Verbose.  Nice.  The re.compile() where you buld the 'amp|lt|gt' string took me
a moment to parse, but other than that it reads pretty well.

One possible comment for future development.  The ENTITIES list must always
begin with ('&', '&') or the encode_entities() function may hiccup because
it will encode say 'copy sign' to '©' and then turn that into '©'.