trouble getting pdb to work within Xemacs on windows 98

Joe joekm at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 28 22:58:25 EST 2002

tried both the cygwin and native installs of xemacs.  Did a static link
for the cygwin install (ln -s /lib/python2.2/pdb.py /usr/local/bin/pdb)
and wrote the recommended batch file for the windows install and put it
in my path (C:\py22 in this case).  Regardless of what I do, Win98
either hangs or crashes outright whenever I try to run pdb within Xemace
(meta-x pdb).

It's a laptop if that means anything....am I doing something wrong?