Python on Windows soon forbidden by Micro$oft?

Henrik Motakef henrik.motakef at web.de
Mon Mar 11 17:53:24 EST 2002

Boris^2 <borcis at geneva-link.ch> writes:

> What sounds really like April 1st is M$ naming open source software
> (rather than, eg, Outlook or Windows) "potentially viral software".

Don't make them worse than they are.

>From Microsofts "Important Macro Virus tips" for Office on the Mac:

Q: Will the virus [Melissa] impact my Macintosh if I am using a
non-Microsoft e-mail program, such as Eudora?

A: If you are using an Macintosh e-mail program that is not from
Microsoft, we recommend checking with that particular company. But
most likely other e-mail programs like Eudora are not _designed to
enable virus replication_.

<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/office/2001/virus_alert.asp>