Deitel and Deitel Book...

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Fri Mar 1 09:50:19 EST 2002

In article <uvgcgwq1a.fsf at python.net>, Michael Hudson  <mwh at python.net> wrote:
>Dennis Roark <denro at NSPAMearthlink.net> writes:
>>
>> The Python book appears substantially based on the templates of
>> their previous books.
>
>Certainly the first draft of chapter 2 that I reviewed[0] looked
>suspiciously like the corresponding chapter from Java:HTP.  That went
>back with a lot of red ink on it...

All right, let me ask: are there any reviewers who think that PyHTP looks
like a book written by Python programmers rather than a book written by
Java programmers?

>[0] My, there were a lot of reviewers weren't there?

Yup.  A lot of *opinionated* reviewers, at that.  In all fairness, it's
pretty clear that Deitel paid a fair amount of attention to our
comments, but thought it was more important to stick with the style of
their existing books.  And, heck, they *did* pay well for my time.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

"How come we choose from just two people for President but more than 50
for Miss America?"  --AEN