Anyone need a program written?

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Fri Mar 29 07:03:26 EST 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Fused wrote:

> I'm currently trying to master Python, but to succeed I need to
> exercise. However, I detest building programs that have already been
> built a kazillion times and aren't of use to anyone.
> Can anyone think of a program that I could build that would actually
> have use to someone (you?)? I'm trained in Delphi, know some Java and
> rudimentary C, so the programs don't need to be newbie-easy ( I like a
> challenge: the greater the challenge, the faster I'll learn ;-) ).

Great! How about implementing Delphi to Python translator?
Basically, you'll need to write a parser that reads Delphi (OOP) code and
then translates it to the corresponding Python code.
There are many yacc/lex type of packages already available that will ease
this job. I recommend PLY
  http://systems.cs.uchicago.edu/ply/

Regards,
	Pearu