win32 extension: rare PythonService problem

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Wed Mar 13 23:12:32 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:46:39 +0000, Dale Strickland-Clark <dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk> wrote:

>bokr at oz.net (Bengt Richter) wrote:
>
>>On 10 Mar 2002 21:55:37 GMT, bokr at oz.net (Bengt Richter) wrote:
>>[...]
>>>But I'd check the event logs (run "%SystemRoot%"\system32\eventvwr.exe) first
>>
>>Oops, misplaced quote, that won't work verbatim. Try
>>
>>    "%SystemRoot%\system32\eventvwr.exe"
>>

>Actually, either quoting approach works fine with NT/W2K.

That's interesting. I tried the first version on my system and got an error.
(That's why I posted my Oops.) The event viewer starts, but it complains that
the file name, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect, whereas
with the second version it comes up fine.

I have NT4sp3 on this box. Can you shed some light?

Regards,
Bengt Richter