PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Boris Qaré borcis at geneva-link.ch
Sat Mar 30 15:41:19 EST 2002

Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> > expect for those return values, such as the ability to use as
> > indices into a sequence, then I'm still very -1.
>
> Their type changes, and their repr. Apart from that, nothing changes.

How's that ? What's the point of making bool a type if we
can't subclass methods for __and__, __or__, __or_not__,
etc ? (we could still save the shortcut semantics by having
the other parameter appear as a generator, e.g., one should
call other.next() to get at the value)

Regards, Boris
--
Python >>> filter(lambda W : W not in "ILLITERATE","BULLSHIT")