Dear Guru, I have added def and it doesnt work Sincerly, F

Federico Caboni msx at crs4.it
Fri Mar 15 03:09:59 EST 2002

On 15-03-2002 4:01, in article slrna92leq.6n5.gerhard at lilith.my-fqdn.de,
"Gerhard Häring" <gerhard at bigfoot.de> wrote:

[SNIP]

>>> No wonder this doesn't work, as you've apparently haven't made very
>>> much effort to understand what you're doing here.
>>>
>>> Sorry to be so blunt, but you can't write software just by guessing
>>> about the syntax.
>>
>> Really? I do some of the time, when I don't remember it and can't be
>> bothered to look in the manual.
>
> Me too, mostly by trying stuff out at Python prompt, for instance if I
> forgot the semantics of slicing again.

I discovered "eval" by guessing....
I thought something like "It would be cool if existed a statement like
that".
I guessed the name too =).
Well...I agree that this is not the right way to learn Python anyway ;)

 / ___)| __ \/ ___)/ /| |   / ___)| \| |/ ___) Federico Caboni (msx at crs4.it)
| (___ |    /\___ \\__  | * \___ \|    |\___ \ Software & Network Solutions
  CRS4, Center for Adv. Studies, Research and Development in Sardinia