Still same bug even with email ver. 1.2

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Mon Mar 18 17:08:49 EST 2002

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:05:43 -0500, "David Rushby"
<woodsplitter at rocketmail.com> wrote in comp.lang.python in article
<vDsl8.992$%m2.418 at atlpnn01.usenetserver.com>:

> I checked the release22-maint branch of Python out of SF CVS at approx
> 15:00 GMT on March 18.  I took the next to last example in email.tex
> (the program that mails the contents of a directory) and ran it for
> three cases:
> A) the target directory contains no files
> B) the target directory contains exactly one file
> C) the target directory contains more than one file
>
> Here is the stderr ouput for case A:
[rest snipped]

I would report this as a bug, if you believe it is a bug. (I read your
message, but don't know enough about the underlying email module code to
definitively say whether it is a bug.)

Also, you may want to send a "heads-up" email to Barry Warsaw.

I found, myself, that the types of error tracebacks you were showing
sometimes occur if:

* A message Object is instantiated that has no Content-type or other
headers.
* A message Object is instantiated whose value evaluates to 'false'

Possibly this is what is occurring in your sample tests?

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/