Where is/What happened to ActivePython (PythonWin) 2.2 ?!

Shiv Shankar Ramakrishnan rshivs at nospam.hotmail.com
Wed Mar 27 22:15:06 EST 2002

> > behind now? Or is ActiveState not bothered about Python at all and more
> > bothered about other things like Perl, Komodo etc? Thats their
preorgative
> > of course but I like the PythonWin IDE and now I can only get that with
> > ActivePython since Mark Hammond moved there.
>
> He is no longer there.

Huh! This is news to me. When did this happen? Hmm ... by the looks of it
and the way ActiveState seems to be neglecting things looks like there has
been some falling out between them ... But then I shouldn't be doing such
idle speculation here ...

> > Shouldn't there be some
> > alternative source for getting PythonWin? How about the main Python
> > distribution also doing PythonWin from CVS?
>
> the "alternate source" for PythonWin is Mark's home page
> http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/

Great! Thanks. Of course I knew this website. Its just that I had stopped
visiting it a long ago after Mark moved to ActiveState and his website just
pointed one to ActiveState. Well I guess in some ways it is a change for the
better I guess. Would it be considered too impolite to ask as to what
happened?

Thanks,
Shiv