Still same bug even with email ver. 1.2

Barry A. Warsaw barry at zope.com
Fri Mar 22 11:36:21 EST 2002

[re: a bug in Python 2.2's email package...]

    BAW> The workaround is simple, if you're creating a multipart/*
    BAW> you need to make sure that the payload is a sequence
    BAW> (typically, a list).  But this is an unsatisfying answer.  I
    BAW> haven't decided yet what, if any, proper fix there should be.
    BAW> Maybe the Generator should be more forgiving.

Indeed, this is what I decided to do for Python 2.2.1.  This bug
should now be fixed in the Python 2.2.1 cvs branch.

I will be working out separate patches for the standalone email
package, and for Python 2.3.

Thanks to everybody who helped with this!
-Barry