Reorganizing python.org (was: Why isn't pychecker...)

Edward K. Ream edream at tds.net
Mon Mar 4 21:12:59 EST 2002

Steve Lamb wrote:

> > Another example, the otherwise superb intro to Tkinter,
> > http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/index.htm
> > would be vastly more useful if it fit on a single page.
>
>     Define "page".  If you say 800x600 you'd lose.

Good question.  How would you define a page in terms of web design?

Eliminating most if not all scrolling on reference pages seems
particularly important. Some reference pages seem way too long.  And
your point is well taken.  I have a large monitor, but I use relatively
big fonts, so I'm only using 1024x768...

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edream at tds.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines
Leo: http://personalpages.tds.net/~edream/front.html