PEP 284, Integer for-loops

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Wed Mar 6 12:16:06 EST 2002

On 3/6/02 9:08 AM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> From watching the lists I have seen more people looking for C
> style for(;;) loops than anything.  The syntax you propose is extremely
> confusing to anyone who has used a for loop in C.  My other complaint is
> the lack of generality caused by not using the C syntax.

Thanks for the comments, but it seems clear (and I think it's a good thing)
that C-style for's are not going to happen in Python.  They're very
general, but not very intuitive, especially to non-C-programmers.

--
David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein at ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/