New SIG on logic/CLP programming in Python

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Sat Mar 23 07:43:51 EST 2002

In article <slrna9mrbk.1fj.nico at aries.logilab.fr>, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
>Hello Pythonistas,
>
>I'd like to entertain you with a new subject: logic programming and
>constraint-propagation features in Python.
[...]
>I am looking for interested people to form a Logic-SIG or CLP-SIG.
>You think this is a great idea? You think this is stupid? Please
>speak up! If you have no idea what I am talking about, don't worry,
>I'll try to post an example here this week-end.
>
>Waiting for your comments.

Go for it!

Logic programming (or even something similar, with implicit
backtracking etc.) would be very nice to have, IMO. The backtracking
stuff itself ought to be easy to implement (efficiently, even) with
generators.

(So, yes, I'm interested :)

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org