Python 2.2 embedding error

Jamie Briggs jamie.briggs at computalog.com
Wed Mar 20 12:50:52 EST 2002

I have a python embedded application that is failing on a Mandrake box
using python2.2.  It worked fine with previous Python versions.

When I call Py_Initialize() the following line prints to the terminal
and the program segfaults.

alize: can't make modules dictionaryAborted

Running python on this machine gives the following information

   Python 2.2 (#1, Feb 24 2002, 16:21:58)
   [GCC 2.96 20000731 (Mandrake Linux 8.2 2.96-0.76mdk)] on linux-i386

My next step is probably to dig into the code to find the source of
the error message but I just thought I throw it out here and see if
somebody else has seen the same thing.

- Jamie