RELEASED: Python 2.2.1c1

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Mar 19 13:55:11 EST 2002

Steven Majewski <sdm7g at Virginia.EDU> writes:

> I got the same on my osx build.
> Specifically: math.sqrt( -1 ) returns NaN.

Yes, it seems BSD libm returns NaN and does not set errno when
sqrt(-1) is called.

That's good -- this is the sort of thing I was hoping to learn.

People can stop reporting this particular case of it now though,
thanks.

Cheers,
M.

--
  You sound surprised.  We're talking about a government department
  here - they have procedures, not intelligence.