mutlifile inheritance problem simplified

Aahz aahzpy at panix.com
Sat Mar 23 02:27:36 EST 2002

In article <3C9C0B45.E3C51B0C at hotmail.com>,
Marc  <maurelius01 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Aahz wrote:
>> In article <3C9BAB77.B4E17C65 at hotmail.com>,
>> Marc  <maurelius01 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>I'm using Windows NT, Python 1.5.2, and IDLE 0.5
>>
>> Try switching to Python 2.1.2 or 2.2; I'm sure that reload() has had
>> some changeds.
>
>OK, I've just tried Python 2.2 and IDLE 0.8.  Same problem.
>
>This really seems quite mysterious?  I'm surprised that others haven't
>run into this.  I'm sure I'm not the first person to use reload, or the
>first to inherit from a class into different files.

Not many people do use reload(), in my experience.  I'm pretty
knowledgeable about Python, I think, and I've been pretty regular on
comp.lang.python for almost three years.  It's not interesting enough to
me personally to invest much of my time, I'm afraid.  ;-)  I still
haven't seen any clear explanation from you for why you need to use
reload() in the first place.

"We should forget about small efficiencies, about 97% of the time.
Premature optimization is the root of all evil."  --Knuth