Porting a Python app to IRIX -- need help

Nhi Vanye offer at sgi.com
Mon Mar 25 16:28:41 EST 2002

$ from dubois at users.sourceforge.net -#190139 | sed "1,$s/^/> /"

>I am trying to get a Python-based app running on an SGI running IRIX 6.5. I
>am running into a problem involving some objects being compiled "n32" and
>others "o32". The linker refuses to link them.
>
>I got pretty far by setting environment variable CC to "cc" but then it
>complained that the X11 library is o32. Can an SGI person tell me whether
>o32 or n32 is "normal" and what I tell the compiler to be sure I get that?

I've just finished packaging up a new drop of Python for SGI Freeware
(still 2.1.1).

Hopefully it should fix a number of problems in the last release (files
were directories).

In addition I've enabled the cd and al modules, and I now ship the Tools
(I needed the compiler for quixote) (although not installed, you'll have
to do something like cd /usr/freeware/lib/python2.1/Tools/compiler ;
python2 setup.py install; for any tools you want installed).

You can get an alpha version here..

	http://reality.sgiweb.org/offer/dist/fw_python2-20020325.tardist

If there's any problems with it, let me know we'll be freezing the next
freeware distribution at the end of the week.

richard.

--
Richard Offer                         Technical Lead, Trust Technology.
"Specialization is for insects"