Handling bad tags with SGMLParser

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry at attbi.com
Thu Mar 7 12:45:49 EST 2002

On 07-Mar-2002 Ken Causey wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 11:33, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm inclined at the moment to report this situation as a bug.  But I
>> > wanted to get some opinions as I'm neither an SGML expert nor fully
>> > confident of my understanding of the SGMLParser class.
>> >

>> I agree this is a bug because the class name is SGMLParser yet it is
>> concerning
>> itself with html tags.
>>

> I'm not sure I understand this comment.  What tag do you mean?  All of
> these are standard SGML tags as I understand it.

# This is some sort of declaration; in "HTML as
# deployed," this should only be the document type
# declaration ("<!DOCTYPE html...>").
k = self.parse_declaration(i)

sorry, at first reading I thought that comment meant it was complaining about
non DOCTYPE declarations.  Happily the code is better than that.  Disregard.

/me goes to find some tea and wake up.