Extending the interactive mode [not really an ANN :) ]

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Sat Mar 23 08:24:22 EST 2002

"Tjabo Kloppenburg" <Tjabo.Kloppenburg at unix-ag.org> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> I use python22 and dreamt about a comfortable way of using the
interactive
> mode to find information about what methods/functions a class/module
provides
> and what the helpful __doc__ string says (keeping ri [ruby] in my
mind).

Do you know about help?

>>> help (sys.exit)
Help on built-in function exit:

exit(...)
    exit([status])

    Exit the interpreter by raising SystemExit(status).
    If the status is omitted or None, it defaults to zero (i.e.,
success).
    If the status numeric, it will be used as the system exit status.
    If it is another kind of object, it will be printed and the system
    exit status will be one (i.e., failure).

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com

---------