question about an installation of a new module

Andy Gimblett gimbo at ftech.net
Mon Mar 4 18:18:29 EST 2002

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 07:23:13PM +0100, Francois-regis Chalaoux wrote:

> After my 'configure', 'make' and 'make install' of Python , I
> modified the 'Setup' from Module directory and then I ran 'make' as
> explained in the README.txt.
>
> However, should I run again 'make install' again after this
> modification ?

Yes - otherwise the rebuilt code isn't installed, it's just sitting
wherever you built it.

Note that you could have modified Modules/Setup any time after
.configure, and didn't need to run make && make install first.

-Andy

--
Andy Gimblett - Programmer - Frontier Internet Services Limited
Tel: 029 20 820 044 Fax: 029 20 820 035 http://www.frontier.net.uk/