trackers (was: zlib vulnerabilities and python)

Richard Jones rjones at ekit-inc.com
Wed Mar 13 20:14:38 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:10, Andy McKay wrote:
> Roundup has always struck me as a more of an issue tracker rather than a
> bug tracker which Bugzilla is aimed at.

Interesting statement - I've used it in two jobs now in which it's used as a
bug tracker...

It doesn't have any workflow enforced, if that's what you're referring to.
This can be implemented using the flexible detector mechanisms built into
roundup... it's just that no-one has yet.

> Bugzilla has lots of features and
> problems as well, but add email support to Bugzilla and you have a good
> scalable database with more features than Roundup. Unfortunately its in
> Perl

The underlying database in roundup is fully flexible - here we're looking at
setting it up as the target of our customer feedback email address. That way
emails get sent into the tracker and have "open/replied/closed" and our
customer service people (and anyone else who is involved) may discuss the
issue on the "mini mailing list" that is automatically handled by Roundup.

> I would recommend looking at both them to any one installing a bug tracker,
> but lets face it, the Python isnt likely to change soon ;)

Oh yeah - that'd be a world o' pain :)

     Richard