socket

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Mar 16 00:34:12 EST 2002

In article <Cgsk8.17912$P4.1544592 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, Billy Ng wrote:

> Yes, you're right!  I asked my friend the same question
> because I was doing that for my previous company, but they
> don't want to send a mail to the users.

That's the only method that actually works.  What your friend
is asking for is simply not possible.

> Second, again, I want to understand more about how the SMTP
> protocol works for my TCP/IP class project.

That's certainly a worthwhile goal, and you're acheiving it.

What you've learned is that most servers have disabled or
short-circuited the features of SMTP that allow you to verify
the validity of an e-mail address.  :)

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'd like TRAINED
                                  at               SEALS and a CONVERTIBLE on