Dr. Dobb's Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (Mar 26)

Kris J. Zaragoza kzaragoza at attbi.com
Tue Mar 26 23:25:44 EST 2002

In article
<5515F24370BCB753.DA7CF91464346EF6.E3A577CFA6882D82 at lp.airnews.net>,
Dean Goodmanson wrote:
>     Kris Zaragoza and others explain how to make your own use of MS SQL
>     Server with Python.
> 	 http://groups.google.com/groups?th=efccf3faf8d7eb11

Wow.  I never thought I'd see my name in lights!  (Those tiny little
pixels on my screen are lights, right?)

I feel special. :)

Even though my post is a bit old, let me just add that it still holds
true, even with SQL Server 2000.  Just one warning, though: If you are
having performance problems talking to SQL Server, use the profiler.
Take special care when using ADO; I've seen it do some really
horrendous stuff for what should be a simple stored procedure call.

> -- The Python-URL! Team--
>
> Dr. Dobb's Journal (http://www.ddj.com) is pleased to participate in and
> sponsor the "Python-URL!" project.

Let me just take a moment to thank everyone involved in Python-URL!
This is, IMHO, a wonderful resource for this community.  I have found
it extremely useful in keeping up with things when extremely busy (as
I seem to have been all this year so far!)

Thanks again!

-Kris

--
Kris J. Zaragoza       | On the face of it, Microsoft complaining about
kzaragoza at attbi.com    | the source license used by Linux is like the