Has Mark Hammond attained pariah status yet?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Mar 12 17:17:16 EST 2002

Michael Chermside wrote:
> Um... look folks. We can all point at the article and laugh, but some
> people appear to be confused about what is and what isn't intended to be
>  taken with a <wink>. So let me state a few facts quite clearly, with no
> sarcasm (or humor) intended.

Let me state first of all that I took the original post in the manner
which it was intended.  From my POV, any publicity is good publicity.
To my mind, having a fairly large headline "Charmed by the Python" in
the 2 most respected newspapers in Australia (Sydney and Melbourne
broadsheets) is a nice coup.  I certainly saw the humour in both the
newspaper article, and the newsgroup posts, so worry not.

The article was not 100% accurate.  One 30 minute phone call, and this
article appears.  The book I am working on now is *not* Python for .NET,
but just .NET.  Python doesn't get much of a mention :(

And-what-is-wrong-with-being-a-pariah-anyway ly,

Mark.