Has Mark Hammond attained pariah status yet?

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Mar 13 03:40:04 EST 2002

sandskyfly at hotmail.com (Sandy Norton) writes:

> Martin v. Loewis wrote in message:
> > Certainly true; there is little interest in Python.NET in the Python
> > community (just as there is little interest in other branches, such as
> > Stackless, Psyco, and, to some degree, Jython).
>
> I'm somewhat bewildered by this statement. You are surely
> underestimating the interest of the community in the above projects.

Maybe, but then, the community is not showing its interest very much.

I don't count articles in a newsgroup saying "this is a good thing",
"just continue with your efforts", "we definitely need this" as
interest.  Instead, people contributing code, reporting bugs, or just
using the system in their applications show interest. This is the case
for Jython, but I don't think Armin or Christian got much actual code
contributions. Likewise, when Mark would not deliver a win32all build
for a few weeks, people would complain - but nobody would actually
step forward and publish a build herself.

Regards,
Martin