Is current integer for-loop syntax a wart?

Geoff Gerrietts geoff at gerrietts.net
Fri Mar 8 14:52:25 EST 2002

-Wart?

As long as we're just offering opinions, mine falls somewhere between
Wart? and Not a wart. I'll lean towards Wart? because I want to keep
an open mind.

The current syntax addresses my needs. It's pretty clear. The
behaviour of the range() construct is well-defined and universal --
it's not specific to the "for" construct.

In short, I would really need to be convinced that an alternative
would be better rather than just convenient. Without registering
opinions on either of the PEPs (which I haven't researched), I would
hope that when Guido decides on these PEPs, he is thinking in terms of
necessity.

--G.

--
Geoff Gerrietts <geoff at gerrietts dot net>
-rw-rw-rw-:         permissions of the beast