Develop-test-debug cycle

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at i_triple_e.org
Wed Mar 20 10:57:26 EST 2002

In article <24bh9u4lmkj47e1jufc1c26od21gd0eq50 at 4ax.com>,
Dale Strickland-Clark wrote:
>>It seems to work here:
>>
>>[niemeyer at ibook niemeyer]$ echo 'a = 1' > mod.py
>>1
>>
>>[niemeyer at ibook niemeyer]$ echo 'a = 2' > mod.py
>><module 'mod' from 'mod.py'>
>>2
>
> This is a rather simple case. More comlex cases with classes don't
> behave so reliably.

Interesting.  So certain things in Python work reliably for "simple cases"
but less reliably for "complex cases".  How is the distinction made by the
interpreter?  This would be an interesting classifier... I will have to look
in the code. :)

In anycase, I have a rather large software platform that reloads modules
with classes all the time.  So, the platform itself keeps on running while I
hack away at a new module; with every change I reload the module and my
platform instantiates it AND I get to see the changes in action.  Test.
Modify.  Repeat.

Maybe the complex/simple case classifier in my version of Python is buggy? ;)

Regards,