Shot in the Dark: Minimum-weight perfect matching algorithm

Paul Magwene p.magwene at snet.net
Fri Mar 15 19:52:32 EST 2002

Hi Y'All,

Here's a long shot -

Does anybody happen to have a Python implementation of a minimum-weight
perfect matching algorithm?  Or a Python interface to one?

I'm aware of (some) of the literature on this topic, but as a non-computer
scientist I'd rather not have to twist my mind around one of the Blossum
algorithms.

I'm trying to implement a variation of Christofide's algorithm, and hence
need to find minimum weight perfect matchings on graphs.  My original plan
was to use to simply pipe my data from my Python implementation to Cook
and Rohe's Blossom4 implemenation, but while I can compile their C-code, I
get core dumps when actually trying to use the binaries (on recent
versions of Linux and FreeBSD systems).

Before I spend hours/days reimplementing a Blossom algorithm or going
through somebody elses C code I thought I'd see if any Pythonistas had
implemented any such code lying around.

Thanks,
Paul Magwene