bug reporting

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Mon Mar 18 13:53:48 EST 2002

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:57:51 -0500, "Arthur Siegel" <ajs at ix.netcom.com>
wrote in comp.lang.python in article
<mailman.1016463808.6406.python-list at python.org>:

> >Yes, that is sort of what I am hoping for, when I post stuff here. I've
> >gotten a lot of "submit it as a bug report" responses, more recently.
> >Anyhow, the one in the thread you continued this from...I have now
> >submitted it as a bug report. However, as I continue to work on this
> >problem (sort of trying to see if I can fix it or at least see if I can
> >understand what's causing it), I'm not so sure it will end up to be a bug
> >report after all. It may end up to be a problem in my own code.  :/
>
> I ended  up posting my issue up to the tutor list, where Danny Yoo picked
> it up and did the kind of analysis I wouldn't know how to undertake.
>
> I know you are active there - so assumedly you saw it.

Well, I'm not having time to read all of the mail that comes in under that
list right now (nor, in fact for any of the lists I'm currently subscribed
to), so once in a while I look at the subject lines and see if something
interests me. So, actually, I did miss your post. I will go back this
afternoon and look for it. Thanks.

> Danny has helped
> me before, and I was actually figuring I might get his attention to the
> problem by posting on tutor.

Danny is amazing. Not only does he have a thorough understanding that far
exceeds my own, he can actually explain stuff, and takes the time and
trouble to do a full analysis of your question. He must have a clone? Or
else he is not human, because he certainly doesn't sleep!

> Must admit some perverse satisfaction in uncovering something
> that perhaps has some significance. Bit of a Pythonic
> coming of age.

;) :D

> And thanks, Danny.

Ditto.