(OT?) Web-based document review system?

Wayne Pierce wayne at mishre.com
Mon Mar 4 23:30:27 EST 2002

Paul Boddie wrote:
> ddoc <news at 92tr.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:<a5r98d$vpi$1 at newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>...
>
>>>I'm looking for a piece of software to aid in reviewing a document
>>>through the web - click on a paragraph tag, have the comment added
>>>(highlighted in some way).
>>>
>>Is this what Annotea (Annotation server from the W3C), Third Voice (now
>>defunct , and to a lesser extent Allegra are for?
>>

> I would think so. Unfortunately, Amaya is probably the only browser
> that supports annotations, however.
>
> Paul

There's a plugin in for Mozilla linked from the W3C site and I think I
saw something about a plugin for IE either available or in the works.
They also have partial support for making the annotations with any
JavaScript enabled browser, although it didn't provide the full
capabilities.

--
Wayne Pierce
web: http://www.mishre.com