win32+popen4

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Mar 1 06:57:17 EST 2002

In article <3C7F6765.94A82394 at engcorp.com>, Peter Hansen
<peter at engcorp.com> writes

>I'm pretty sure the last time I checked the PROGRA~1 convention still
>worked on WinNT.  Are you sure this doesn't work on Win2K as well?
>They're supposed to be the same thing, no?
>
>-Peter
I'm sure it does and I guess that Program Files will always match as
it's often the first. On the other hand working with a path name
obtained from an execution path there's no guarantee I can always do the
correct conversion by assuming ~1, some end up as ~2 etc.

Is there a proper way to get the 8.3 name?
--
Robin Becker